High & Higher Sec School
Padma Bhushan Dr. Rm. AlagappaChettiar, the eminent philanthropist founded the M.Ct.M. Chidambaram Chettiar Memorial Preparatory Schools on 6th September, 1954, naming it after his close friend. Following the footsteps of her father, and in order to cherish his memory, Dr. (Mrs.) Umayal Ramanathan founded the Alagappa Matriculation School, upgrading the preparatory school in the year 1982 with classes VI to VII within the same campus. The curriculum was subsequently extended in the academic year 1989-90 to become a Higher Secondary School, fulfilling the aspirations of the community to the fullest extent. In order to facilitate, streamline and co-ordinate the activities in a more efficient manner, the Primary School and the Matriculation Higher Secondary Schools were merged into a single entity in the year 1999 – 2000 and named as Alagappa Schools. The school has trained and sent 25 batches of X std. students and 14 sets of XII std. students for the Public Examination and has produced consistently creditable results. In this context, we are proud to state that many of our alumni have found a niche for themselves in different organizations in India and abroad, in varied fields.